Becoming a Certified Bio Recovery Supervisor with the BEBRA
You The CBRS is a supervisory position that enforces the values in the CBRT but demonstrates knowledge in the following :
Please note that a current CBRT status is a pre-requirement.
- Advanced disinfection – Log Reduction and Efficacy Compliance Documentation
- Bio Recovery Site Risk Assessment (BSRA) (PPE, Cross Contamination and disinfection.)
- UK & European Crime and Trauma Standard
- Exhibits knowledge of application of cleaners and disinfectants.
- Has knowledge of Industry Standards for Scope Development and Estimating Standards.
- Has basic hazardous materials training, 40Hr as minimum requirement. or CBRNE Equivalent.
- Fully understands construction safety practices and UK & European Health & Safety requirements.
- Has knowledge of the FEMA Incident Command System.
- Exhibits knowledge of both Medical Waste Disposal and Infectious Waste Disposal according to DOT requirements.
- Must pass a 100 point proctored exam with a score of 90 or better.
OR a current CBRT with:
A Minimum Of A 2-Year Degree Or Equivalent In Science, Industrial Hygiene Or Related Field Of Science With A Minimum Of Three (3) Years Of Documented Field Experience In Bio-Recovery /Infection Control Remediation.
Also, you will need:
- Hazardous materiel or CBRNE Training (CURRENT)
- Blood-borne Pathogen Standard UK & European Training (CURRENT)
- General Construction or General Industry. (Health & Safety)
- Three projects that You Have completed that has showed your knowledge, Training and Leadership in the Bio-recovery Field. This is to include brief paragraphs explaining the issues or peril and how corrective action was implemented.
- Maintenance – Re certify every year by attending BEBRA Approved Conferences and Seminars.
*Current CBRT status is required to maintain the annual CBRS status. CBRS requires a £250.00 application fee and an annual renewal fee of £100.00
*You will need to have held the CBRT for 5 years minimum before applying for CBRS role with BEBRA.